Archive for December, 2012
Well I looked my demons in the eye, laid bare my chest, said do your best, destroy me.
See I’ve been to hell and back so many times, I must admit, you kind of bore me.
-Ray LaMontagne, from Empty
This is how I felt after a pretty rough morning – couldn’t open my mouthwash because of stiff, sore hands and my walk went really slowly. It all left me feeling like, Really? This again?
Just had to share that last weekend I had a great solo run – 13.2 miles (that’s a half marathon!!) on a beautiful, dirt, hilly trail. I was running VERY slow, but I had a great time and it was FUN! Barcelona Marathon, I’m on my way!
On another note, I tried Kari Carr’s Mediterranean wrap recipe. This was my version of the cashew cheese:
Throw the following into a blender and blend until cheesy (consistency of hummus):
- 2.25 cups of raw, unsalted cashews (I didn’t presoak because (a) what does that even mean? (b) why would one do it? and (c) who has the time?
- 1 cup almond milk (I used almond milk instead of water because I thought, why not?)
- handle of Italian parsley
- sprinkle of chia seeds (they’re apparently good for you and give you energy, so this was another addition to Kris Carr’s recipe)
- sprinkle of salt & pepper
I put the “cheese”, black olives, sundried tomatoes, and pumpkin seeds, onto collard greens for a super yummy (trust me!), healthy lunch. 🙂
I’m not a big soy fan, so I would probably use eggs instead of tofu in the first recipe. Other than than that, these look awesome! I can’t wait to try making cashew cheese on my own and whipping up the Mediterranean wrap!